Subscribe Twitter

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Hummer

My H collections are for petrol fanatics =)

We saw this Hummer H1 parked near our place. This is my first time to see an H1. The Hummers H2 and H3 are a common sight here in Dubai.

Originally designed strictly for military use, this absolutely massive four-wheel-drive utility vehicle earned its 15 minutes of fame as a civilian conveyance when it became the ride of choice among Hollywood celebrities (such as Arnold Schwarzenegger) and professional athletes who thought it oh-so-chic to pilot the ultimate ruff-and-tuff image machine.

My two-year old son was allowed to try this matte Hummer H2 pick-up during the recent 10th Dubai International Motorshow.

We saw this Hummer Limousine delivering guests at the 7-star hotel Burj Al Arab.

An entry for


20 cupcakes:

Sylvia K said...

Great word for the day although I'm not a fan of Hummers and you've written very well just why I feel that way. Glad there are others as well. Your son is adorable! Have a wonderful week!

Sylvia

Unknown said...

They are so HUGE! Wow. I can't even imagine how much gas it takes to use those... oh. my!

Christine H. said...

I guess I could probably live in that Hummer limo; it certainly looks big enough.

Stan Ski said...

Fine for open road I guess, but I wouldn't fancy tackling city centre in one.

Tumblewords: said...

Huge! Humans are amazing consumers! A good H post!

photowannabe said...

A huge gas guzzler but such a fascinating car. I bet your son would really like to drive that one.

Jama said...

I've seen the hummer here a few times, and they are owned by the army.

LeAnn said...

I have a son that loves cars, and he would have loved to have gone in that hummer! I bet it was fun to see the limo. :)

Troy said...

How Happy He looks Holding onto the wheel of that Hummer!

What a fun post!

On behalf of the ABC Wednesday Team, Thanks for joining us this week. Hope to see you back next week too!

Troy

Bradley Hsi said...

I think the H1 is the real thing, the H2 is just n imitation of the original, GM just bought the name. Anyway, I heard that this big gas guzzler is soon going out of business. The real military ones should be still in production!

Roger Owen Green said...

"Hummer" became almost synonymous with "gas guzzler." Yes, the US domestic product is being discontinued and I can't say I mind. The couple times I've seen them on the road, it was scary; the drivers tended to be fearless and inconsiderate.

Kero said...

happy handsome human beings indeed!

I love your entry most! thank you so much for the visit!

Kero said...

happy handsome human beings indeed!

I love your entry most! thank you so much for the visit!

jay said...

Good one! We have a Hummer limo here that we see now and then. If Hummers are ridiculous vehicles, then the limo version is the ultimate in ridiculous, isn't it? LOL!

Looks great in matte paint, though, doesn't it? And your son looks like a tiny doll! Bless!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I used to know someone who had one in Monaco - all those narrow streets! I never witnessed it moving though.

Monika said...

i simply love hummers but i understand what u are saying

Carolyn Ford said...

GREAT post for "H"! And, you captured the Hummer beautifully in the midst of those amazing palm trees! Beautiful shots!

Wanda said...

Nice "H" post. You did a "hummer" of a job!

ChrisJ said...

I like Hummers, though I've never been in one. I had a friend who had one. She was 68 and loved being around town in it. Sadly she died very unexpectedly last month and I've often wondered since what happened to her Hummer. I will never see one again without thinking of Jo Ellen.

Unknown said...

Great H!

Happy Thursday!

hugs

shakira

HOPE FOR GREAT LAKES NOW!

THEME THURSDAY-HATS

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails