Subscribe Twitter

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Creamy Potato Gratin

I will share today an easy classic French recipe that I recently learned to make. I complained before how i was getting bored with my cooking and this lovely dish is my recent discovery. It's a perfect accompaniment for roast pork and steaks. It is versatile as well for you can add brocolli or bacon or mushrooms to the basic recipe.

Creamy Classic Potato Gratin

Ingredients

6 medium potatoes unpeeled sliced into small chunks
2 cups milk
200 g heavy cram
1 clove garlic chopped
1 tsp salt
100 g butter
300 g sharp cheddar cheese
ground white pepper (optional)

Here's How

1. Heat oven to 190 degrees C. Put potatoes in a saucepan and add milk, cream, garlic and salt. Cover and bring to gentle simmer.

2. When the liquid starts to bubble around the edges, remove the lid and cook until potatoes are firm but tender (about 10 minutes).

3. Grease a large gratin dish. Using slotted spoon, arrange and spread the potatoes  in an even layer. Pour the remaining cooking liquid. Scatter cheese over the top and bake until the top is bubly and evenly browned (about 45 minutes).

4. Let cool and serve.


Happy cooking!

An entry for

8 cupcakes:

Nedekcir said...

Mmmm, I should try this sometime. Au gratin you say, I should ask DH and see if he like it first.

Cecile said...

i have never done this dish so fsr, hubby would love me more if i can make him one; this llokks delish :-) thanks for the recipe.

Food Trip Friday said...

Look so delish!

Ms. Journ said...

I will tell my partner to make this one day. Seems so interesting. Anyway Here's My Chicken Curry Version. Happy weekend.

shydub said...

Looks like scallop potatoes. wow sarap naman niyan

MissusDilis said...

Hi... I agree with Shydub, I thought it looks like scallop potatoes as well. I bet its super creamy --ooh-la-la!

We Ate This

AC said...

wahhh!!! this for sure is yummy in MY tummy.. Mine lang kase hubby doesn't like yung mga super creamy.. mabilis sya maumay.. i'll try this some time.. thanks for the recipe.. mommy kero..

Misfit in Paradise said...

It's a great place for any leftover ham too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails