Subscribe Twitter

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Custody Laws

I will add two more terms we will define as I continue my post on child custody. Lawyers will tell you
that the focus is on the child or children. That is the main consideration over the wants and desires of the parents. As a general rule, the child should have continuing access to both parents and the parent most able to be supportive of this should become the custodial parent. 

What is the difference: custodial parent or non-custodial parent.

The parent who has, primary physical custody of a child is the custodial parent.

The child usually lives with the custodial parent. The parent who spends less time with the child, is called the non-custodial parent.

The child doesn't usually live with the non-custodial parent except when visitation rights are being exercised. This situation arises when the parents separate and live in their own homes. It is the custodial parents home that the child resides in but will spend time with the non-custodial parent who has visitation rights.

This allows the child to be able to spend time with both parents, even though they live in separate residences. 

And that is all folks! If you want to know more about custody laws and how to get the best child custody lawyer in your area, visit, the prime internet source on specialized family lawyers. 

1 cupcakes:

Mommy Liz said...

Having divorced parents are hard to the kids. Rodney's 2 girls live with us during summer time, it's joint custody so the parents have both rights to decide for the kids. We take care of their expenses when they're with us and their mom does the same way when the girls are with her. But everytime we get them, we pay for every expenses, hay!then we take them back..


Related Posts with Thumbnails